If you are searching for a smart way to improve the curb appeal of your home, then perhaps fiber cement siding from James Hardie is one of the many options you have considered. In recent years, more and more homeowners have discovered the benefits of fiber cement siding for their home and are falling in love with the design options that are available to them with James Hardie products. Interested in learning more? Read on to find out what this kind of cement siding can do for your home, and why you would only want to choose James Hardie products to create the home of your dreams.
What is Fiber Cement Siding?
Fiber cement siding is a specific type of durable home siding that is developed from cellulose fiber, sand and cement that is meant to be an alternative to wood siding. However, unlike wood siding, these materials are bonded together through a high heat process that makes them resistant to many of the elements that often destroy wood built homes and those completed with traditional vinyl siding. Fiber cement siding is not only stable, but it doesn’t crack or warp, and is resistant to fire, moisture and even insects, such as termites. Most homeowners appreciate the fact that this type of siding doesn’t fade, has a long life expectancy and requires only minimal maintenance to upkeep.
What Benefits Does Fiber Cement Siding Offer Homeowners?
There are a number of reasons why homeowners are choosing to remodel the exterior of their home with the help of fiber cement siding. Some of the many benefits to take advantage of include:
- Affordable installation – Contrary to popular belief, the installation of fiber cement siding products, when done through a certified James Hardie installer, is actually comparable in price to other home siding products on the market. Use the online re-siding quote tool on the James Hardie website to get an estimation of how much it could cost you to actually remodel your entire home with this product.
- Easy maintenance – Maintenance of fiber cement siding is simple, as all homeowners have to do is maintain the cleanliness of the siding with a spray of their hose. Because this siding is moisture resistant there is no fear of damage to the under portions.
- Durability – The thickness of fiber cement siding is equivalent to five pieces of traditional vinyl siding, which means that there is five times the additional protection for you home against the elements – and just think of how many homes use vinyl siding.
- Non-combustible – All fiber cement siding products created by James Hardie, are non-combustible. While it doesn’t mean your home is fire proof, it does mean that you have an extra amount of protection against the possible combustion of your home caused by a fire.
- Increased property value – With all of the benefits provided by a fiber cement siding installation, this type of remodeling project can help to increase the value of your home by thousands of dollars. Not to mention the warranties for both the siding and the paint applied, can actually help homeowners to save on the cost of repairs over time. While fiber cement siding can help to increase your property value, researchers have also found that it is one of the best returns on your investment that a homeowner can make (according to Remodeling Magazine).
When compared to traditional vinyl siding, fiber cement siding offers a number of great benefits that can truly help homeowners make the most of their home improvement.
What Design Options Are Available?
Because the aesthetic appeal of a home is certainly important, fiber cement siding, particularly that which is sold by James Hardie, is created to offer a variety of design options for homeowners to choose from. Using ColorPlus Technology, which is a baked-on durable paint, James Hardie has created several different colors and textures of their siding for every type of home. This paint is unlike others on the market, not only because of the process that is used to apply it, but because it is 30% more fade resistant than traditional home colors and comes with a 15 year warranty. The generous warranty protects homeowners in the event that they notice cracking, peeling or chipping of the color of their siding in any fashion, something that most other siding products on the market cannot promise.
Homeowners who choose James Hardie are given an extensive color palette of both siding and trim options to choose from with their purchase. The James Hardie website even offers an interactive color quiz to help pair homeowners with the ideal color combinations for their home and advice on choosing colors for their region and style of home.
Why James Hardie Siding Versus Other Brands?
James Hardie is one of the most widely recognized fiber cement siding brands on the market. They have attained this position and their reputation by manufacturing some of the most durable, quality and designer-friendly products on the market. James Hardie siding offers a number of features and benefits that other brands simply cannot promise, including:
- Rain, wind, hail, snow and sun resistance
- Thirty year warranty on siding and a fifteen year warranty on paint applied in the factory
- Resistant to rotting, termites, shrinkage and warping
- Real feel and look of woodgrain
- Environmentally stable products
- Quality customer service (from both installation professionals and James Hardie representatives)
Perhaps the most significant reason to choose this brand of siding over all others is the fact that the James Hardie name has become synonymous with a quality product and quality service for homeowners throughout the United States and Canada. With the help of their handy online tool, homeowners can be paired with specialized local installers that know all about the James Hardie name and about how to properly install their quality products.
As you can see, choosing to revamp your home with the help of fiber cement siding from James Hardie isn’t something that you are likely to regret. Not to mention, you are going to love the new look of your home!Share